Damian Cole has been seeded at number one for this Sunday’s Old Forge Garage Mewla Rally – the penultimate round of the Protyre MSA Asphalt Rally Championship.
Co-driven by Jamie Edwards, the Get Connected Ford Fiesta WRC driver will be looking for his 21st rally win on Epynt and a record-equalling sixth Mewla Rally victory.
Jason Pritchard/Phil Clarke are seeded at two on their first rally on Epynt in their North Road Garage Ford Focus WRC, while Daniel Harper/Chris Campbell are at three in their Minisport-run John Cooper Works Mini WRC. These two crews are currently lying third and second respectively in the Asphalt Rally Championship, separated by just three points.
Melvyn Evans/Mark Glennerster have been seeded at four in their brand new Melvyn Evans Motorsport Hyundai i20 R5, while Rob Tout/Peredur Davies start at five in their Wheel Specialists/Enterprise Insurance/Owen Developments/Tout’s Tool and Plant Hire Mitsubishi Evo.
Asphalt Rally Championship leaders Wayne Sisson/Max Freeman will start at six in their AMS Arnside Motorsport Mitsubishi Evo.
Based at the Royal Welsh Showground in Llanelwedd, this year’s Epynt MC-organised Old Forge Garage Mewla Rally contains 13 special stages, totalling 75 stage miles.
Old Forge Garage Mewla Rally – top 10 seeds
1. Damian Cole/Jamie Edwards (Ford Fiesta WRC)
2. Jason Pritchard/Phil Clarke (Ford Focus WRC)
3. Daniel Harper/Chris Campbell (MINI JCW WRC)
4. Melvyn Evans/Mark Glennerster (Hyundai i20 R5)
5. Rob Tout/Peredur Davies (Mitsubishi Evo)
6. Wayne Sisson/Max Freeman (Mitsubishi Evo)
7. Phil Turner/Simon Anthony (Mitsubishi Evo)
8. Richard Merriman/Kath Curzon (Darrian T90)
10. Raymond Horton/Paul Williams (Darrian GTR+)
12. Tony Rees/Geraint Thomas (Darrian GTR+)