Bill Gwynne Rallyschool International is launching a dedicated Tarmac School for 2013. The School’s owner Bill Gwynne has been developing the school after recently running successful events at the Blyton Park Driving Centre. The courses are open to drivers at all levels of experience, from Juniors to competitors looking to shave a second or two off their stage times.
“I’ve run tarmac coaching courses for individual drivers at a variety of venues for many years. I’m delighted to now be working with Richard Usher at Blyton Park Driving Centre to offer the first dedicated tarmac Rallyschool in the UK. The circuit is excellent with a range of route options and plenty of run off to allow us to explore the limits of car and driver.”
Bill Gwynne, Managing Director, Bill Gwynne Rallyschool International
“Bill Gwynne worked with us when we were developing the Blyton Park Driving Centre and I’m very proud to be working in partnership with him and his new tarmac rally school. It’s an exciting addition to our range of activities.”
Richard Usher, Managing Director, Blyton Park Driving Centre
1. Bill Gwynne Rallyschool International was the World’s first professional rally driving school, founded in 1982 by five times National Rally Champion Bill Gwynne.
2. It is the only rally driving school to have coached a World Rally Champion, Japan’s Toshi Arai, PWRC Champion in 2005 and 2007.
3. Former Instructors include the late Richard Burns and PWRC Champion Martin Rowe.
4. Bill Gwynne coached Bertie Fisher to adapt his considerable tarmac skills to gravel as part of Prodrive’s driver development programme
5. It coached 2012 BTCC Independent Driver’s Champion Andrew Jordan from the age of thirteen throughout his RallyCross career. Jordan won multiple Junior titles and became the youngest driver and race winner in the British Rallycross Supercar class.
Blyton Park Driving Centre is located near Gainsborough, Lincs
A 1.6 mile tarmac circuit for track day, sprint and general testing use. This circuit has been designed with input from some of the UK’s leading road test and racing drivers to optimize enjoyment for drivers of all abilities in all sorts of cars. It features slow, medium and high speed corners and provides wide run-off areas with no solid objects or barriers to punish the over-ambitious.