Entries are flooding in for Round 5 of the 2022 Protyre Motorsport UK Asphalt Rally Championship – the Get Connected Rali Ceredigion, which takes place on Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 September.
After making its highly successful debut in 2019, the event returns bigger and better in 2022, with organisers announcing a range of innovations that will see the Aberystwyth-based rally continue to set new standards for an event of its size and status.
What’s new for 2022:
- Rali Ceredigion is a round of the Protyre Motorsport UK Asphalt Rally Championship for the first time – as well as a round of the Motorsport UK British Rally Championship, FIA European Rally Trophy and the TER (Tour European Rally).
- Takes place over two days, featuring a longer rally route comprising of 86 competitive miles and 85 road miles, with four stages on Saturday evening and a further eight on Sunday.
- A brand-new spectator stage on the streets of Aberystwyth will run twice on Saturday. Starting near the harbour, competitors will run to the edge of the town before heading towards the sea front for the finish.
- The event will feature a showcase scrutineering, start, finish and service area in Aberystwyth, together with a food festival comprising of locally sourced produce.
- Fans will benefit from a series of strategically placed viewing zones incorporating commentary, catering and toilet facilities. Coupled with an innovative park-and-ride scheme, the rally promises to offer an enhanced spectator experience.
- Increased engagement with the community and local businesses together with an extended PR and media reach will serve to raise the international profile of the event and increase economic impact within the region.
- A ‘promoting sustainable motoring’ theme will see the introduction of initiatives that will significantly reduce the event’s impact on the environment and provide a platform to deliver a longer-term legacy.
- A marshals’ prize of a trip for two to Rally Spain (Rally RACC Catalunya – Rally de España) in October.
“Following its success in 2019 and the reaction we received from the community, competitors, spectators, sponsors and marshals, we are pleased to announce a higher-profile and extended event, whilst maintaining a very compact route,” says the Chairman of the organising committee, Phil Pugh.
“A focus on sustainability will run throughout all aspects of the event, from a range of innovative initiatives that significantly reduce the environmental impact to working with local partners, using the event as a platform to promote sustainable motoring whilst showcasing options to help decarbonise transport.
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank Ceredigion County Council and the whole of the organising team for their support and commitment.
“We are also extremely grateful to our sponsors, partners and residents who have made it possible for us to create the second edition of the Get Connected Rali Ceredigion.
“We now look forward to the first weekend in September!”
Rali Ceredigion Regulations and Entry Forms are available at: raliceredigion.co.uk.
Just a pity they changed the 4WD classed, and lumped them altogether, after announcing they would be split,, in the Rally guide!