As the winners of last year’s Manx Rally, Neil Roskell/Andrew Roughead have been seeded at number one and will open the roads on Friday afternoon when Leg 1 of the 2023 Manx National Rally blasts into action.
The double header Protyre Motorsport UK Asphalt Rally Championship round has attracted a fantastic entry, with any one of the top 10 crews and beyond capable of winning.
The top seeded Blackpool driver is currently ninth in the Protyre Asphalt table after the opening round. Having finished runner-up last year, Roskell will be keen to rocket up the leaderboard with a good run in his ND Civils/Burdens/Witham Motorsport Ford Fiesta Rally2.
Fellow Isle of Man rally winners Hugh Hunter/Rob Fagg start at number two in their RSH Tarmac-backed Ford Fiesta Rally2, followed by Melvyn Evans/Aled Davies in their Volkswagen Polo GTI R5 at three.
David Wright/Paula Swinscoe, who are second in the Protyre Asphalt overall drivers’ and co-drivers’ standings, are seeded at four in their Michelin-shod Ford Fiesta R5.
Steve Wood/Kenny Hull start at five in their Trailhead Get Jerky-backed Ford Fiesta WRC, while Callum Black/Jack Morton complete the top six seeds in their Pallas Connections-backed Ford Fiesta Rally2.
The Manx Auto Sport-organised event gets underway with two legs on Friday (12 May), which count as Round 2 of the 2023 Protyre Asphalt Rally Championship. Round 3 is on Saturday (13 May) with the champagne/cheap fizz finish celebrations at the famous TT Grandstand shortly after 15:00.
Special Stage TV will be live streaming all the action from the event on its Facebook page.
The full seeded entry list can be found here.
2023 Manx National Rally – top 10 seeded entries
1. Neil Roskell/Andrew Roughead….Ford Fiesta Rally2
2. Hugh Hunter/Rob Fagg….Ford Fiesta Rally2
3. Melvyn Evans/Aled Davies….Volkswagen Polo GTI R5
4. David Wright/Paula Swinscoe….Ford Fiesta R5
5. Steve Wood/Kenny Hull….Ford Fiesta WRC
6. Callum Black/Jack Morton….Ford Fiesta Rally2
7. Stephen Simpson/Patrick Walsh….Ford Fiesta Rally2
8. John Stone/Laura Connell….Volkswagen Polo GTI R5
9. Kevin Davies/Owain Davies….Volkswagen Polo GTI R5
10. Wayne Sisson/Peredur Davies….Mitsubishi Evo 10
Be the first to comment